“In every block of marble I see a statue as plain as though it stood before me, shaped and perfect in attitude and action. I have only to hew away the rough walls that imprison the lovely apparition to reveal it to the other eyes as mine see it.”Michelangelo
For most of us the answer to the question, “Who am I?” is work in progress. There are times when we are certain who we are, what we like, and what we want; and other times when it seems we have no idea at all.
It has been said that identity isn’t just about what you have done, but what you would like to experience.
Playing “Self Discovery the Michelangelo Way” is a fun game designed to help you discover who you really are. You will be given a series of choices and asked which option resonates most with you. Some will seem easy . . . black and white, while others will require careful contemplation.
Play the game each week and over time watch how your identity takes form; like Michelangelo chipping away at a block of marble, only to reveal what he already knew was inside.
Included in the game is a polling box in which you can cast your vote and see how your answer compares with others.
1. Think about each option and decide which one you identify with the most.
2. You may feel like you can identify with both, but choose the one you lean towards.
3. Feel free to think about the options in any way you like: literally, symbolically, metaphorically, preferentially, etc.
4. Claim your identity by voting in the polling box at the bottom of the page, and just for the fun of it see what others are saying.
5. Check in each week to answer the latest question that will reveal your identity.
6. Keep a written record of your responses and watch a description of yourself unfold.
Option: Play this game with your friend or partner. See how well you know each other and build your relationship by sharing aspects of your personality.
Ready to play?
This week’s question (Round 23)
Are you more a party or a quiet night at home?